For those of you who would like advance copies of the final agenda and detailed session descriptions to plan your day in advance . . . these files will be available for download the week prior to the event. Print copies will be provided onsite at registration.
NHSTE announces the spring Tech Teachers Integrating Technology workshop for the 2015-16 school year, Computing in the Cloud Across the Curriculum. Cloud computing is becoming the standard across districts in New Hampshire with some embracing the Google Apps For Education (GAFE) and others implementing Microsoft 365 (MS365) - some districts are even integrating both! This workshop highlights educators in all content areas across grade levels (primarily grades 4-12) integrating both GAFE, MS365, and other cloud-based resources into teaching and learning. Learn about the variety of devices used to “compute in the cloud” including tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, and laptops. In addition, learn about the new features in the Chrome browser and Window 10 that support the integration of cloud-based digital content.
We have an exciting collection of exhibitors and teachers ready to share their information and expertise with you. Join us for the day and come back with a bundle of ideas.
Approximately 16 45-minute sessions are planned and each participant has the opportunity to attend up to four sessions. Again this year, we are also including the Technology Playground, sponsored by our exhibitors, where you can go and test drive these exciting resources for yourself.
As in the past, your registration includes a buffet lunch and light refreshments in both the morning and afternoon. The day ends with your feedback and comments via the evaluation process and the drawing of raffle prizes donated by our exhibitors.
Technology directors, coordinators, integrators, school administrators, and teachers at all levels in every content area will not want to miss this day of teacher and exhibitor presentations. Spend time in the "Technology Playground" and choose 4 sessions from the 16 offered during this action packed day!
Presenters & Exhibitors:
Opening keynote presentation: Connect, Communicate, & Collaborate in the Cloud ~ Amy Moskwa, NHSTE Award Winner, CMTC SpotLight Speaker, & Grade 4 Teacher at the Riddle Brook Elementary School in Bedford
After lunch keynote presentation: Streaming TV: Kid-Produced on a Shoestring Budget ~ Maryanne Culling, Ellen Kidd, & students from the Great Brook School in ConVal SD
Our select Exhibitors include:
- Engage, Enrich, & Innovate Student Learning While Preparing Students for College & 21st Century Careers! ~ Zulama, Suzanne Rickard
- Realize Your Potential ~ Pearson, Kim Higgins
- Integrating Assessment & Differentiated Practice (STAR Assessments + Accelerated Reader/Math) ~ Renaissance Learning, Samantha Fisher
- Up to 40 Ways to Use Google Apps for Education ~ GovConnection, Joseph Dellava & Rick Gay
- The Connected Classroom - Connecting Virtual & Real Worlds for Technical Education ~ AETLabs, Andrew Mercer
- ClassFlow ~ an Award Winning, FREE Lesson Planning, Delivery, & Assessment Platform ~ Prometheanworld.com, Geoffrey Allison
- Keeping Students on Task While Safely, Securely, and Effectively Managing your Chromebook Fleet ~ CDW-G, Sean Galligan
- Cloudy with a Chance of . . . Harnessing the cloud for data driven insights ~ Volta AdvizeX, Kerilyn Caldwell
- Project Lead the Way ~ Mary Laturnau (table only)
- Fujitsu ~ Alan Filcher (table only)
- join these exhibitors in the technology playground and also win exciting raffle prizes!
8:50 Introduction and overview
9:00 Opening Session
10:00 Concurrent session 1
11:00 Concurrent session 2
12:25 Post luncheon presentation
1:20 Concurrent session 3
2:20 Concurrent session 4
3:10 Evaluations and raffle drawings
The "technology playground" will be open throughout the day following the opening session.
Questions???: For more information or if you have any questions about this event please contact:
Lois Paul at Lois.Paul@timberlane.net
Thursday, March 31st, 2016
General Registration: $60.00
NHSTE Premium/paid Member Registration: $50.00
NHSTE Event Coupons: 2 Coupon Numbers; Please select, pay as "Manual" when registering and email the coupon numbers to email@example.com, your payment will then be confirmed. Thank you!
NOTE - Please remember to allow your email system to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org for event updates and confirmations.
During the online registration process, you will be able to pay your fee by check, purchase order, NHSTE Event Coupons, or credit card.
- We only accept Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- For all other payments, follow the “Off line” payment directions.
You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours following your completed registration.
Cancellations requested by Thursday, March 31st, 2016 will be refunded in full.