For those of you who would like advance copies of the final agenda and detailed session descriptions to plan your day in advance . . . these files ARE NOW available for download. Print copies will ALSO be provided onsite at registration.
NHSTE announces the spring Tech Teachers Integrating Technology workshop for the 2016-17 school year, STEAM Ahead!. STEM, STEAM, or STREAM ~ no matter what you call it, the ability to apply robust content from the areas of Science, Reading, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics to solve real world problems defines one of the core competencies of the successful 21st century learner. Join us for a day of exciting presentations from teachers and exhibitors who are integrating STEM concepts, hands-on learning, and authentic challenges to engage and excite students while mastering content and developing problem-identifying and problem-solving skills.
We have an exciting collection of exhibitors and teachers ready to share their information and expertise with you. Join us for the day and come back with a bundle of ideas.
Approximately 16 45-minute sessions are planned and each participant has the opportunity to attend up to four sessions. Again this year, we are also including the Technology Playground, sponsored by our exhibitors, where you can go and test drive these exciting resources for yourself.
As in the past, your registration includes a buffet lunch and light refreshments in both the morning and afternoon. The day ends with your feedback and comments via the evaluation process and the drawing of raffle prizes donated by our exhibitors.
Technology directors, coordinators, integrators, school administrators, and teachers at all levels in every content area will not want to miss this day of teacher and exhibitor presentations. Spend time in the "Technology Playground" and choose 4 sessions from the 16 offered during this action packed day!
Presenters & Exhibitors:
Opening keynote presentation: Empowering Girls Through STEM ~ Amy Cantone
After lunch keynote presentation: Everyone Can Code! ~ Apple Computer
- Making a MakerSpace ~ Amy Cantone
- S.T.E.A.M. Family Night ~ Heather Mailloux & Kimberly Downey
- Using Media Arts to Promote Student Ownership of Student Digital Portfolios ~ Stan Freeda
- MAKING: Advanced Student Driven Learning K-8 ~ Diane Connors & Lori-Lyn Griffin
- Teaching & Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools ~ Stan Freeda
- Computer Science is Foundational ~ David Benedetto
- STEAM Playground, Exploration, & Brainstorming Experience ~ Sheila Adams
Our select Exhibitors include:
- Clear Touch Interactive Panels - GOOD BYE PROJECTORS! ~ Ockers Company
- PLTW Launch - Add Engineering, Biomedical, & Computer Science to grades K-5 ~ Project Lead the Way
- Integrate Innovation into your Math, Science, Engineering, & Arts Lessons ~ Texas Instruments
- Technology Magic: Mesmerize Your Students While You Teach Digital Literacy and Problem Solving Skills! ~ Technology Education Concepts
- Learn About STEM Careers through AR/VR STEAM Labs ~ Tech Ed Products
- Maker Mindset & Tools – a Splash in STREAM Learning ~ Eduporium
- Welcome to the Modern Classroom ~ Promethean & Whalley Computer Associates
Everyone Can Code ~ A Deeper Dive Hands-on Experience ~ Apple Computer
- Connection (aka Gov Connection)
- join these exhibitors in the technology playground and also win exciting raffle prizes!
8:50 Introduction and overview
9:00 Opening Session
10:00 Concurrent session 1
11:00 Concurrent session 2
12:25 Post luncheon presentation
1:20 Concurrent session 3
2:20 Concurrent session 4
3:10 Evaluations and raffle drawings
The "technology playground" will be open throughout the day following the opening session.
Questions???: For more information or if you have any questions about this event please contact:
Lois Paul at Lois.Paul@timberlane.net
Thursday, April 6th, 2017
General Registration: $60.00
NHSTE Premium/paid Member Registration: $50.00
NHSTE Event Coupons: 2 Coupon Numbers; Please select, pay as "Manual" when registering and email the coupon numbers to email@example.com, your payment will then be confirmed. Thank you!
NOTE - Please remember to allow your email system to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org for event updates and confirmations.
During the online registration process, you will be able to pay your fee by check, purchase order, NHSTE Event Coupons, or credit card.
- We only accept Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- For all other payments, follow the “Off line” payment directions.
You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours following your completed registration.
Cancellations requested by Thursday, April 6th, 2017 will be refunded in full.