For those of you who would like advance copies of the agenda and session descriptions to plan your day in advance, they will be posted the weekend prior to the workshop.
NHSTE announces the first Tech Teachers Integrating Technology workshop for the 2013-14 school year, Technology to Support Science, Social Studies, & the Common Core State Standards. This day-long workshop focused on a wide variety of tools, resources, and strategies for engaging students, empowering teachers, and addressing content standards. We have an exciting collection of exhibitors and teachers ready to share their information and expertise with you. Join us for the day and come back with a bundle of ideas.
Approximately 16 40-minute sessions are planned and each participant has the opportunity to attend up to four sessions. Again this year, we are also including the Technology Playground, sponsored by our exhibitors, where you can go and test drive these exciting resources for yourself.
As in the past, your registration includes a buffet lunch and light refreshments in both the morning and afternoon. The day ends with your feedback and comments via the evaluation process and the drawing of raffle prizes donated by our exhibitors.
Technology directors, coordinators, integrators, school administrators, and teachers at all levels in every content area will not want to miss this day of teacher and exhibitor presentations. Spend time in the "Technology Playground" and choose 4 sessions from the 16 offered during this action packed day!
Presenters & Exhibitors:
- David Hobbs, Winnacunnet HS Teacher, Christa McAuliffe Sabbatical Winner (2012-13) - Digital Literacy ~ Observations from Across NH SC & SS Classrooms
- John Fladd, Deerfield Community School SS Teacher - Technology Tools and Tips with a Twist
- Deb Boisvert, Deerfield Community School, Infographics ~ Learning to Read & Write Visually
- Stephen Delcambre, Timberlane Regional SD, Moodle & Google Across the SC Curriculum
- Christina Hubbley, Timberlane Regional SD, Real World Connections Using Distance Learning
- Gena Richards, Timberlane Regional SD, Rover Trip to Mars!!!
- Laura Bryant, Its Raining & Pouring Data
- Carol Liss, Timberlane Regional SD, Tips for Searching & Evaluating Websites
- Stan Freeda, NHDoE - CCSS Connections to Science Standards
- Allison Bowen, Holly Doe, & Karen Slaton, Pelham - K-12 Social Media Tools & Google Earth in SS
Our select Exhibitors include:
- McGraw Hill Education
- and more . . .
- plus great raffle prizes!
Check back regularly for an updated list of presenters and workshop titles . . .
8:50 Introduction and overview
9:00 Opening Session
10:00 Concurrent session 1
11:00 Concurrent session 2
12:25 Post luncheon presentation
1:20 Concurrent session 3
2:20 Concurrent session 4
3:10 Evaluations and raffle drawings
The "technology playground" will be open throughout the day following the opening session. During each of the four time slots, attendees can select from one of four concurrent sessions or spend time in the "technology playground".
Participants attend up to 4 sessions from 16 different options and have the opportunity to explore in the Exhibitor Playground - open the majority of the day.
Questions???: For more information or if you have any questions about this event please contact:
Lois Paul at Lois.Paul@timberlane.net.
Thursday, October 10th, 2013
General Registration: $60.00
NHSTE Premium/paid Member Registration: $50.00
NHSTE Event Coupons: 2 Coupon Numbers; Please select, pay as "Manual" when registering and email the coupon numbers to email@example.com, your payment will then be confirmed. Thank you!
NOTE - Please remember to allow your email system to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org for event updates and confirmations.
During the online registration process, you will be able to pay your fee by check, purchase order, NHSTE Event Coupons, or credit card.
- We only accept Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- For all other payments, follow the “Off line” payment directions.
You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours following your completed registration.
Cancellations requested by Wednesday, October 10th, 2013 will be refunded in full.
Payment is requested prior to the date of the event.
Please be sure to send your checks, NHSTE Event Coupons, or purchase orders payable to NHSTE to:
NHSTE ~ TT SIG1 SC/SS/CCSS - Oct 2013
46 Donovan Street, Suite 3
Concord, NH 03301
Fax number for POs: 603.225.3225