Back by popular demand ~ spring Digital Learning Specialist RoundTable
Date: April 22, 2020
Location: Winnacunnet High School Lecture Hall, 1 Alumni Drive, Hampton, NH 03842
Target Audience: Secondary Digital Learning Specialists
Theme: Creation & Engagement
This Digital Learning Specialist RoundTable for the secondary level (6-12) is being hosted by Julie Hall at the Winnacunnet High School in Hampton, NH for secondary school Technology Integration Teachers/Specialists on Wednesday, April 22nd. Part Learning Tour, part EdCamp, and part discussion group, the attendees set the discussion topics for the day and support each other with their challenges.
This roundtable provides an opportunity for New Hampshire digital learning specialists to gather and share thoughts about (but not limited to) using technology to engage and create in the classroom. The specific topics and schedule will be developed from participants’ feedback prior to the roundtable. Possibilities include:
- How does technology support engagement/creation in the classroom?
- Favorite tools/stories of engagement and creation? Benefits of using digital tools to engage and create? Challenges? Solutions?
- Tech Slam: Showcase your favorite tool(s)! Bring a lesson to share that could be implemented at another school!
- Demo of Shared Studio: WHS is using Shared Studios to create meaningful human interactions between people separated by distance and difference. Come see what this experience is like as we host a digital “meetup” in a coffee shop-like atmosphere with educators from another country to discuss the challenges and success’ of using technology in the 21st century classroom.
- Creating Meaningful Professional Development: What are your tips and tricks to get teachers to engage and create?
- Tour of School
We know that professional development is important for everyone. In many cases, technology integration teachers are solo in their own buildings or districts. This roundtable opportunity is for those technology integration teachers interested in having conversations about particular topics to improve instruction for staff and students in their own district. Topics/discussion will be tailored based on participant attendees thoughts. Let’s get together to have thoughtful conversations to help move our schools forward.
A light breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. Attendees are encouraged to bring both their best practices and challenges.
Registration is limited to 20 participants, so register ASAP to ensure a seat! NHSTE Premium & Basic members receive advance notice for all professional learning opportunities.
Digital Learning Specialists (Technology Integration Teachers) at the secondary school level
Questions???: For more information or questions about this event please contact:
Julie Hall at email@example.com
Wednesday, April 15th, 2020
General Registration: $30.00NHSTE Basic (free) Member Registration: $30.00
NHSTE Premium (paid) Member Registration: $25.00
NHSTE Event Coupons: 1 Coupon Numbers; Please select, pay as "Manual" when registering and email the coupon numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org, your payment will then be confirmed. Thank you!
NOTE - Please remember to allow your email system to receive emails from email@example.com for event updates and confirmations.
During the online registration process, you will be able to pay your fee by check, purchase order, NHSTE Event Coupons, or credit card.
- We only accept Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
- For all other payments, follow the “Off line” payment directions.
You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours following your completed registration.
Cancellations requested by Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 will be refunded in full.